Re: JavaVM compiler for Python?

Paul Everitt (paul@cminds.com)
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 06:49:49 -0500 (CDT)

On 19 Apr 1995, Chak Tan wrote:

> Now, that Python 1.2 is out the door, the time seems ripe to chew on
> some ideas for the next release. I think that a compiler would be
> very good for the proliferation of Python, and a JavaVM based one
> would be very nice indeed.

[munch of a very good discussion on the issue]

I'd like to note that we have the Python workshop coming up:
http://www.cminds.com/python/
as well as the start of the Python Software Association, and Guido over
here for a year. If we all feel strongly about "the next version" of
Python, and Python's direction, then we now have a more structured forum
for getting there.

So, folks, get involved with the workshop (even if you aren't attending,
influence the agenda), and get involved with PSA. Fairly soon, we will
be announcing the PSA server, and start delivering some value back to the
Python community. Very soon (Saturday) we will be making some specific
posts about workshop details.

I realize some of this may still be fuzzy -- if any of you have any
questions, feel free to send an email to:
psa_info@cminds.com

(Note: the URL of the server and the above email address are going to
change pretty soon.)

--Paul

Paul Everitt V 703.371.6909 Email Paul.Everitt@cminds.com
Connecting Minds, Inc. F 703.371.1201 WWW http://www.cminds.com/