areRe: Lazy lists for use with large dictionaries

Ron Forrester (rjf@aurora.pcg.com)
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 09:52:56 -0700

On Fri, 30 Sep 1994 12:26:21 GMT, "Aaron Watters" <aaron@funcity.njit.edu> wrote:

> In article <9409291558.AA29957=guido@voorn.cwi.nl> Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl writes:
> >...I am trying not to sound like flaming, but this does bother me
> >sometimes. There are too many questions "why does python do
> >this-and-this when it's obviously inefficient and real languages...
>
> In view of the service you are providing, feel free to flame me
> anytime. Just don't expect me to stop posting stupid questions.

I'll take this opportunity to say in general that a couple of members of
this list (including and especially the owner) often come off as extremely
ego-centric, and it has been a real turn off for me. I am quite hesitant
to leave any questions here for fear of being reamed.

The first question I ever asked was about the indentation significance in
python, making VERY clear that I was not opposed to it, just wondering
what the thoughts were behind it. Well, all the question did was put the
regulars into defensive mode and put a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe Guido (and others) get a lot of flack that we don't see? I don't
know. I do know that I like python, I want to learn and use it, and
because of the general attitude here, I have no place to go for help.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended, and that is of constructive
critisim (sp?).

rjf

--
| "I don't like being bluffed -- makes me doubt     |    rjf@aurora.pcg.com |
| my perception of reality..."                      |            71722,3175 |