Re: Python binary versions

Stephen Benson (stephenb@scribendum.win-uk.net)
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 17:58:43 GMT

In article <199409270935.KAA16847@chsun.eunet.ch>, John Wezel (wezel@dial.eunet.ch) writes:
>Guido:
>
>>By the way, maybe it's about time to make binary versions of Python
>>for as many UNIX platforms as possible available? (The dead-easy
>>binary installation was one of the factors contributing to Mosaic's
>>success...) I can build versions for SGI IRIX 4 and 5, for SunOS
>>4.1.3 and for Solaris 2.3. Who can contribute binaries for other
>>platforms?

I found the build dead-easy (and I'm no expert), one of the smoothest I've
met.

I'm sure you'll already have one, but: vanilla python on Linux 1.0.9 (the
current stable, ie non-hacker's, kernel); I'm doing STDWIN and Tkinterp
tonight.

--
: stephen benson : : : : linux 1.0.9/1.1.45 : : xfree86 2.1.1 :
: stephenb@scribendum.win-uk.net : : : : : : : : : : :