Re: Embedding python

anthony baxter (anthony@aaii.oz.au)
Mon, 15 Aug 1994 10:29:00 +1000

Ray Johnson wrote:
> I think Python might be a better language (except for the tab block
> structure junk).
Ooh ooh, flame bait :)
> I'd like to see Python become easier to embed. One
> problem is name space collision. Python has many functions that employ
> common names. Names that might appear in other peoples applications.
> Python would be easier to embed if all Python provided functions used a
> common prefix like "Py_". Functions would be named Py_load, Py_foo,
> Py_bar, etc.

Check Include/rename1.h - this is a start at the Grand Renaming - I dont
know when this will happen, its up to the Chief Guido. :)

I've been doing some work with embedding python into a C program I'm doing -
apart from documentation, its not too bad once you get used to it.

Anthony