Re: Embedding python

Ray Johnson (rjohnson@freedom.rdd.lmsc.lockheed.com)
Sat, 13 Aug 94 21:00:17 GMT

I've looked briefly at embeding Python & decided to stick with Tcl.
Tcl is much cleaner & you will have less headaches using Tcl. However,
I think Python might be a better language (except for the tab block
structure junk). I'd like to see Python become easier to embed. One
problem is name space collision. Python has many functions that employ
common names. Names that might appear in other peoples applications.
Python would be easier to embed if all Python provided functions used a
common prefix like "Py_". Functions would be named Py_load, Py_foo,
Py_bar, etc.

Ray

--
Ray Johnson