Re: OS/2 & X-Windows ?

lefevre@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU
7 Jun 1994 19:24:12 GMT

In article <2t0p2j$qmp@Venus.mcs.com>, mirth@MCS.COM (Gavin S. Patton) writes:
>In article <2df21971.415253@ars.muc.de>,
>Kai Uwe Rommel <rommel@ars.muc.de> wrote:
>>Tcl has been ported to OS/2, but not tk. That could be possible (since
>>X is available for OS/2, including X client support). However, you
>>would have to do that work (porting tk) yourself.
>>
> Really? Is this a commercial package, or is it available on the net?

It is not quite clear what you are speaking of. The OS/2 port of tcl is free,
of course. The X-W tools, on the other hand, are a part of IBM's suite of
TCP/IP kits for OS/2. You need the X-Client and X-Server kits plus (possibly)
the Motif kit. They can be gotten from Indelible Blue for $140 each. I am not
aware of any free port of the X library to OS/2.

Olivier Lefevre
Hospital for Joint Diseases, NYU Medical School, NY