message order (was: Re: Last expression vrbl (was: python strings ( function func_doc strings )))

Sjoerd Mullender (Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl)
Fri, 29 Apr 1994 12:47:36 +0200

On Thu, Apr 28 1994 Jaap Vermeulen wrote:

> BTW: messages seem to reach my site really out of order. I receive the
> start of a thread sometimes days later than followup messages. Can
> this be attributed to the mailing list <-> newsgroup gateway?

I have noticed that as well. I think your attribution is correct. I
expect that news travels more slowly than mail. Especially since our
news partition is almost continuously full. This morning we had about
50 MB in our in.coming directory that still had to be processed.
There was probably more waiting to be delivered to our system.

Sjoerd Mullender, CWI, P.O. Box 94079, 1090 GB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E-Mail: Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl; Phone: +31 20 592 4127; Fax: +31 20 592 4199