Re: Environment Variables

Steven D. Majewski (sdm7g@elvis.med.Virginia.EDU)
Thu, 28 Apr 1994 14:08:02 GMT

In article <199404272227.AA25273@elvis.med.virginia.edu>,
Steven D. Majewski <sdm7g@elvis.med.virginia.edu> wrote:

>Now *how* do you exec a users .profile so you can get the proper
>environment variables set and read back into python ?
>
>I've tried:
> posix.popen( "ksh -c '. ./profile ; env'" , 'r' ).readlines()
>
>( and a few other variations ) but I get the OLD variables!

Oops!

My problem was that .profile doesn't set the variables
I was interested in - they are set somewhere else.

[ Which *still* leaves me with the problem of getting the
correct values from somewhere, but the problem is NOT
the one I thought it was! ]

Sorry.

- Steve Majewski (804-982-0831) <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>
- UVA Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics