Re: python strings

Kurt Wm. Hemr, Harvard Law School (hemr@hulaw1.harvard.edu)
28 Apr 94 06:00:01 EDT

In article <940428055403_100016.2050_BHL28-1@CompuServe.COM>,
John Wezel <100016.2050@CompuServe.COM> writes:

>>Also I presume that concatenated literals will generally be separated by
>>whitespace. I sort of like compatibility with C at the lexical level as
>>an esthetical goal too.
>>
>>But if more people think it's bad, I'll rethink it -- after all it was
>>only a ten-line change or so.
>
> Please don't -- I consider it the better way to solve the problem than
> triple quotes. In my opinion, triple quotes are no solution because of the
> indentation problem.

Another vote against triple quotes. While I don't do a thousandth of the
serious Python programming that others in this group do, the aesthete in
me visibly twitched when I saw the triple-quotes proposal. The backslash
solution didn't inflame me, though, for what it's worth.

--
Kurt Wm. Hemr /  1541 Mass. Ave. Apt. 553  /  Cambridge, MA  02138
** Better living through shorter .sig files -- ask me about it! **