Re: Dynamically loadable modules (and Doc/ext.tex) work BEAUTIFULLY!

Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 16:35:52 +0100

> Jack Jansen writes:
> >You're right. The paragraph should say on *some* systems #! scripts
> >can't use dynamic loading. (The SGI Irix 4 dynamic loader
> >needed the pathname of the python binary to do dynamic loading).
Bennett Todd:
> For such systems, I think it'd be a kindness to include, perhaps in the
> build procedure, a provision for hardwiring in the path to the executable.
[...]

Forget me, I should have woken up earlier -- what Jack writes used to
be the case, but (after a complaint from me) he fixed his dl package
to check if the binary file is actually a script and then parse the #!
line. So there is nothing to worry about!

Sorry,

--Guido van Rossum, CWI, Amsterdam <Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl>