Re: Python 1.0.0 BETA 5 -- also for Macintosh!

Bennett Todd (bet@std.sbi.com)
Thu, 6 Jan 1994 15:30:00 -0500 (EST)

Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl writes:
>I still haven't heard from anyone porting it to IBM, DEC or HP hardware
>-- what are you guys doing? Still recovering from the holiday season?
>Or is is going so smoothly that you forget to mail me about it?

I'm piecing my hardware together. Once I get my computers set up where they
are comfortable to work on (work in progress, but actual progress is being
made) I still want to try making an HP-95 style .EXM version of Python, with
many of the modules in overlays.

Meanwhile, I did grab the previous python-1.0.0beta (could you please add
the beta release number to the filename?) and it built wonderfully cleanly,
effortlessly on a sun. This is a huge win, compared to 0.9.9.

>BTW: are comp.sources.{unix,misc} dead? Would it be a better idea to
>post this to alt.sources instead?

I believe both comp.sources.unix and comp.sources.misc are live; personally,
I blame the reduced volume on anon FTP. More and more folks, when they get
their new wizzo doohicky all ready, are content to send email notification
to the relevant list, about where you can get it by FTP. Nonetheless, I do
still see postings in comp.sources.{unix,misc}.

-Bennett
bet@sbi.com