Re: Tkinter for PC (was Dos PC/Tcp)

James C. Ahlstrom (jim@interet.com)
20 Apr 1995 14:22:34 -0400

In article <1995Apr20.083429.3673@hermes.bouw.tno.nl>,
Tako Schotanus <sst@bouw.tno.nl> wrote:
>In article <9504190953.AA01332@jupiter.matra-com.fr>, mpoinot@matra-com.fr (marc poinot 33 (1) 34 60 76 71) says:
>
>>- Is there a Tk for PC ? (Otherwise I will use stdwin)
>
>There is (mm-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu even a NT version) for Tcl , and
>I have pointed this out in this newsgroup in the hope somebody
>would adjust it for Python and as far as I know there *are* some
>people working on it, but I'm not sure. At least I haven't read
>any notices saying Tkinter for the PC was ready...

I am working on a standard GUI language for Python. The latest
version is based on Microsoft MFC. I hope to have a demo done by
the Python conference. Code written for it will run on NT,
Win32s and Unix/X via Tk.

There is also an NT version by Mark Hammond. The Python 1.1
version is part of the 1.2 distribution. Just recompile. I
understand that Mark will release another version shortly.

There is a wxWindows port by Harri Pasanen pa@tekla.fi. It
runs on several platforms. GUI portability is provided by
the wxWindows package. Yes it runs on MS-Windows.

Jim Ahlstrom jim@interet.com