Re: Tkinter problem with 1.2

Quentin Stafford-Fraser (fraser@europarc.xerox.com)
14 Apr 1995 13:28:21 GMT

tnb2d@server.cs.Virginia.EDU wrote:
>When I run python and do the following things
>it executes just fine (same behavior under all three operating
>systems) but I see no Tk windows:
>
>Python 1.2 (Apr 12 1995) [GCC 2.5.6]
>Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam

It appears, from a cursory glance, that Tk widgets are not updated when
you hit return in an interactive session. If you do 'b.update()', you'll
see the results. Likewise if you start b.mainloop(). So the demos and
programs that I've tried work fine, it's just the interactive behaviour
that's different. I'm not sure how it worked before, though.

Quentin

Quentin Stafford-Fraser
http://pelican.cl.cam.ac.uk/people/qs101/me.html