Re: Tkinter problem with 1.2

anthony baxter (anthony.baxter@aaii.oz.au)
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 12:29:37 +1000

I wrote:
> > if I do this under 1.1.1 (on any of the three OSs) I *DO* see a window
> > and it shrinks to the newly-visible Button when I "b.pack()". Any hints?
>
> Did you build 1.1.1 with readline, and 1.2 without? With a python
> built with readline support, you dont need to do the widg.mainloop()
> thing to get things to happen - if you did build it without readline,
> you'll need to tack a b.mainloop() onto the end.

Tommy replied to me, saying that he did build it with readline support,
but the mainloop() thing worked for him. I just tried it here (after
rebuilding with readline - I always forget that) and the ability to
play with Tk apps interactivly is broken for me, too. This is a major
bummer. Anyone have any ideas what broke? I'm building with readline-2.0.

Anthony