Re: PROPOSAL: A Generic Python Object Interface for Python C Modules

Jim Fulton (jfulton@dsjfqvarsa.er.usgs.GOV)
04 Apr 1995 20:38:58 GMT

In article <9503300748.AA18090=guido@voorn.cwi.nl>
Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl writes:

>> > int PyObject_Print(PyObject *o, FILE *fp, int flags)
>> >
>> > Print an object, o, on file, fp. Returns -1 on
>> > error. The flags argument is used to enable certain printing
>> > options. The only option currently supported is Py_Print_RAW.
>> >
>> > (What should be said about Py_Print_RAW?)

snip

> However, the idea to have a more general printing function is good --
> in fact, the exact function you're proposing already exists, by the
> (confusing!) name of PyFile_WriteObject(). Perhaps it can be renamed
> to PyObject_Write() and added to Jim's proposal, with an added note
> that using PyObject_Write() is preferred over PyObject_Print().

OK, I'll include it.

--
-- Jim Fulton      jfulton@mailqvarsa.er.usgs.gov    (703) 648-5622
                   U.S. Geological Survey, Reston VA  22092