RE: HELP - Non-postscript documentation needed

Hammond, Mark (MHammond@jm.cmutual.com.au)
Fri, 31 Mar 95 11:06:00 PST

> I've just downloaded Python for Windows and the documentation file.
> Unfortunately I have a non-postscript printer and no viewer. I
> wasted about five hours yesterday trying to set up Ghostscript so
> that I could look at the documents but it is beyond me. Could some
> kind person point me to ascii copies of the standard
> documentation, or indeed to a simple postscript viewer? I can't wait
> to get converted to your language...

I have sucessfully got the PS files working on Ghostview.

As a matter of interest, I grabbed:
gs312fn1.zip
gs312ini.zip
gs312win.zip (win 3.1)
gswinw32.zip (NT - not 100% sure of this file name)
gsview11.zip

From: monu1.cc.monash.edu.au

These worked fine on both NT and Win31. It is important to grab all the
files.

Anyway, if it is of any use, I could upload versions of the documentation
ready to be dumped to a HP Laserjet (which is how I printed my versions).
However, I should probably wait until the final 1.2 docs are released.

Now if only I could turn the .tex files into .hlp :-)

Mark.