Re: More embedding questions [catalogue of routines]

Kenneth Manheimer (klm@nist.gov)
13 Feb 1995 22:55:46 GMT

Dianne Hackborn (hackbod@newt.CS.ORST.EDU) wrote:

> First of all, is there any source on embedding Python other than the
> "Extending Python" document? In particular, I am looking for some kind of
> reference on all the available C functions; they are briefly mentioned in
> the manual, but I can't find any kind of a complete list. I have had a
> brief fling with the source code, but if there is any other place... :)

I find myself frequently looking at the Include/rename1.h (in python
1.1.1, possibly present under another name in other, but only recent,
releases), as it gives a fairly complete list of the routine names. I
have only done a bit of extension coding, and have no memory to speak
of, so this hint may not be of general utility...

Ken
ken.manheimer@nist.gov, 301 975-3539