Re: os.select misbehavior with pipe

Ken Manheimer (klm@NIST.GOV)
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 10:19:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Jan 1995, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> This is not what *ought* to happen. Select works on file descriptors
> and returns any descriptors that have unread data. The readline
> method uses stdio for its implementation, and stdio buffers. So after
> the first readline all data has been read from the pipe and is stored
> in an internal buffer from which the second and third line are

Ah. So, how does one determine whether there are buffered contents in the
stdio buffers, from within python? Or does something like that need to be
added. (This assumes, to further reveal my ignorance, that there *is*
some standard handle for identifying the buffered contents. ?)

ken
ken.manheimer@nist.gov, 301 975-3539