Re: Source copyable software is better than artificial life

Josef Dalcolmo (josefd@albert.ssl.berkeley.edu)
29 Sep 1994 19:23:28 GMT

In article <1994Sep29.130840.1139@njitgw.njit.edu>,
Aaron Watters <aaron@vienna.njit.edu> wrote:

>Nevertheless in wondering why free software is so good these days
>it occured to me that the propagation of free software is one gigantic
>artificial life evolution experiment, but the metaphor isn't perfect.
>
>Programs are thrown out into the harsh environment, and the bad ones
>die. The good ones adapt rapidly and become very robust in short
>order.

>Free software is artificial life, but better.

And free software and it's life is threatened by lawsuits, software patents
and interface copyrights. (That includes programs like X-Windows or the free
spreadsheet you are using right now!)

Join the League for Programming Freedom !

- Josef