Re: locking files with python

Sjoerd Mullender (Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl)
Mon, 18 Jul 1994 10:06:38 +0200

On Mon, Jul 18 1994 David Hobley wrote:

> Does anyone know how to lock files with python 1.0.3 ?
>
> I tried importing lockfile, but no module FCNTL exists - I had a quick
> look at the sources, but found nothing there either.

The FCNTL module is system-dependent. You can find examples in some
of the system-dependent subdirectories of Lib, such as sgi, sun4, aix.
If you're system is different from these, you'll have to create your
own version. You can use the script Demo/scripts/h2py.py to help with
that. See the comments at the top of the script.

Sjoerd Mullender, CWI, P.O. Box 94079, 1090 GB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E-Mail: Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl; Phone: +31 20 592 4127; Fax: +31 20 592 4199