Re: stdwin on linux

Fred L Drake Jr (fdrake@csgrad.cs.vt.edu)
15 Sep 1994 01:20:42 GMT

In article <3581q7$71r@agate.berkeley.edu>,
Josef Dalcolmo <josefd@albert.ssl.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>Has anyone built stdwin and python on linux (or just stdwin).
>I'd appreciate some proto files. (I am not sufficiently knowledgable about

Josef,
I just built the stdwin package (version 0.9.9) under Linux, and have been
using python a while. You should be able to build with just a ./configure
and a make in each top directory, after enabling stdwin in the Modules/Setup
file of the python tree. I haven't really learned how to use stdwin yet,
but it seems to be working without any special work under Linux. I'm running
Linux kernel 1.1.45, but your older kernel shouldn't make any difference.
If you just ./configure && make, what sort of errors are you getting? Post
or e-mail and I'll try and help.

-Fred