Re: curses suite of modules

lance@fox.com
Tue, 13 Sep 94 12:28:19 PDT

> From: Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 19:47:02 +0200
>
> > First of all, thanks much to lance for producing the packages...
>
> I second that!

You are all more than welcome! I will be adding the curses menu and
curses forms libraries as soon as I can get to them (probably next
week).

> > I'm unable to build the "panel" module at all - i don't see any
> > panel.h include files on my system, or a libpanel.* in the regular or
> > System V compatability libraries. Is the panel feature specific to
> > some other OS? Or might the routines for it be available in my OS,
> > but in a library with a different name?
>
> I can't find them on SGI IRIX either, but I do see them on Solaris
> 2.x. I suppose it's a SVR4-ism.

Possibly... It was on SVr3 systems also (at least some..) Maybe Solaris
picked it up from SCO... Who knows....

--
Lance Ellinghouse                lance@fox.com