Re: Getting fully qualified name

Eric Jean Francois Daniel (ejd0165@tamsun.tamu.edu)
03 Sep 1994 05:17:30 GMT

Sam wrote:

>I need to get the full qualified name of the host on which a Python program
>is running. How can I get it ? gethostname() returns 'khamsin' instead
>of 'khamsin.enst.fr' (yeah, I'm on a Sun :( )
>
> Sam

I'm afraid that the problem comes from your environment, as sys.gethostname()
is merely an interface to the gethostname() system call.
And as I tried it on my machine (also Sun4), I got tamsun.tamu.edu
So I don't think the solution is given by Python.

Snark

--
"La cervelle des petits robots, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de ferraille"
							Barles Chaudelaire