Re: Emacs-style regex?

anthony baxter (anthony.baxter@aaii.oz.au)
Fri, 19 Aug 1994 18:55:32 +1000

Adrian Phillips (Tandem User) wrote:
> Question is, can the current GNU regex module be plugged in instead of
> the regexpr.c ?
>
> In theory this question could apply to dbm, and maybe other modules
> (which I'm not sure)

I built a gdbmmodule.c and flung it Guido's way - the gdbmmodule.c
itself is not copylefted, but requires the gdbm library. I suppose you
could do something similar for regex - write a wrapper which allows
you to plug in the GNU regex package. This would be an optional thing,
obviously (call it 'nregex', or something, so you can import the older
one if necessary - you can always do regex=nregex to make old scripts
work properly.)

Anyone feel up to doing it? I have no interest in doing this, I have enough
on my plate already :-)

Anthony