Re: expect

Don Libes (libes@nist.gov)
Tue, 16 Aug 1994 15:49:09 GMT

In article <9408121637.AA00351@lady.inesc.pt> pereira@lady.inesc.pt (Jose M. Pereira) writes:
> Kenneth> BTW, why not actually implement an expectmodule for python? Anyone?
> Kenneth> I understand that don implemented expect as a standalone library,
>
> No. you must actually link -ltcl. Only a few basic functions are standalone.

Actually, it's not that bad. The Expect lib doesn't actually use any
Tcl functions. It just uses things like the regexp code. (It seemed
silly to link in a 2nd identical-except-in-name pattern matcher!)

Since Python has its own regexp, you just have to add a few stubs to
get the Tcl funcs to call into Python's. Then you don't need the -ltcl.

Don Libes <libes@nist.gov>