Re: ALPHA RELEASE: dancer WWW client

Steven Miale (smiale@cs.indiana.edu)
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 17:46:43 -0500

In article <mirth.17.009C1A71@mcs.com>, Gavin S. Patton <mirth@mcs.com> wrote:
>Is there going to be a version that'll work with the Windows version, or how
>do I implement the existing one?

There are a few things you can do:

- someone released a windows version of Tk. I haven't tried it, so I don't
know how stable it is or whether it will require some hacking. Check out
comp.lang.tcl. People seem to be fairly impressed with it, though.
- you can write your own html browser!

I've also been working on a text-based html browser, similar to CERN's
LineMode and Guido's www.py. Hopefully it will be in the next release
(along with various bugs that people have pointed out.)

Thanks for all the comments so far; hopefully it will one day be a useable
system! (Useable == when I type 'dancer' instead of 'Mosaic')

Steve

--
Steven Miale [smiale@cs.indiana.edu] HTTP://cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/smiale.html