Re: indentation...

Jaap Vermeulen (jaap@sequent.com)
Mon, 25 Jul 94 20:27:53 GMT

In <9407191316.AA16766@vicorp.com> George Reynolds <george@vicorp.com> writes:

> make python look more like C. The long and the short of it
> is that nothing changed. Guido decided to leave it as is.

To be more specific: Guido decided that at this time it did not
warrant any change in the language. He did release a simple but
effective formatter, called 'pindent', that takes properly indented
code and produces special commented end statements. The opposite is
true as well, the formatter takes unindented code with properly placed
commented end statements and produces indented code.

I'm sure it can be found at his ftp site 'ftp.cwi.nl' under /pub/python
(although I didn't check).

-Jaap-

--
						| Sequent Computer Systems |