Re: Automatic exception rasier--a timer

lance@fox.com
Sat, 23 Jul 94 19:16:28 PDT

> From: "I-feng Kao - EECS (CPTS317)" <ikao@gandalf.eecs.wsu.edu>
> Date: Sat, 23 Jul 1994 21:34:12 GMT
>
> In library of C, there is a function alarm() which can send a signal after
> specified time. However, I read through the documents of 1.0.2 and found
> nothing similar to the function. It seems that the only choice I have is
> extend python intepreter, which I really do want to do.
>
> Solutions and suggestions are welcome.

Well.. I am not exactly sure if this will work, but I posted a signal
module for Python.. This module (with patches to some of the other system
files) lets you set callbacks and signal handlers for all of the available
signals except SIGKILL... You might be able to do something with this...
If someone can find it on an achive site, I reposted it just a week ago
or so... I know it will be in the next major release of Python if
you can wait that long...

--
Lance Ellinghouse                lance@fox.com