Re: [RFC] Draft Proposal for New Python Syntax

Steven Miale (smiale@cs.indiana.edu)
Fri, 27 May 1994 10:27:36 -0500

In article <CqEEKn.Lvp@endicor.com>, Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com> wrote:
>In C, I do from time to time bracket a block of
>code differently than I intended and differently than I indented it.

I taught a "introduction to C" lab last semester, and there were many
times when students would type in the following:

if (condition) {
do_this; }
do_this_too;

and spent hours trying to deduce why it was doing the Wrong Thing.

>have never written code that was bracketed correctly but indented wrong.
>I can't see how that would ever happen except to beginning programmers,
>and they really, really need to learn to indent correctly.

Very true.

Steve

--
Steven Miale - smiale@cs.indiana.edu | Don't blame me -
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  | I voted Libertarian.