Re: [RFC] Draft Proposal for New Python Syntax

Marc Wachowitz (mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de)
25 May 1994 16:27:39 GMT

Paul Sijben (sijben@cs.utwente.nl) wrote:
> I really disagree with the proposal to change the syntax of Python. I find
> the current syntax helpful for producing readable programs in a positive
> way. When you change that you put the door wide open for the creation of
> very messy and unredable programs.

As long as the "new style" can be parsed correctly, it's also possible to
write a pretty-printer for it, which could reformat all the (potentially)
ugly code you might get from someone with an, in your opinion, bad taste.
(Btw, one can also write extremely ugly code with the current rules ;-)

* wonder everyday * nothing in particular * all is special *
Marc Wachowitz <mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de>