Re: cryptmodule.c

Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl
Fri, 06 May 1994 00:01:43 +0200

> From: SuperUser <root@elvis.med.virginia.edu>

We can see you've been playing with passwords there!

> I had this hacked into pwdmodule, but Guido suggested it should go into
> it's own module. I didn't expect 1.0.2 to come so soon, so I missed the
> release!

Never mind, I didn't expect it so soon either but it suddenly happened...

> Here is unix crypt() - which you need with pwdmodule
> and posix.setuid() if you want to check a password for authorization.

Thanks -- this will be a separate file cryptmodule.c in 1.0.3 (putting
pwd and grp in one file was really a mistake -- dynamic loading only
works if there's a 1-1 correspondence between modules and files).

--Guido van Rossum, CWI, Amsterdam <Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl>