Re: coroutines and continuations ( in Python? - long discussion )

Steven D. Majewski (sdm7g@elvis.med.virginia.edu)
Tue, 3 May 1994 12:39:18 -0400

On May 3, 14:54, Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl wrote:

> > > 10) I have also thought of an implementation in ceval.c. This would
> > > require an extension to eval_code() to execute "continuations".
> >
> > I saw Steve's eyes light up all the way from Boston <wink>. I'll study
> > this one later -- outta time.
>
> Haven't heard from him yet -- he must be VERY busy :-)

Sorry guys. I pickup up and started to read "Snow Crash" over the weekend
and got distracted... Were we talking about something? :-)

> > BTW, I looked up Scheme's continuation gimmicks, and confess my head's
> > still spinning too fast to think straight.
>
> Glad we agree on this one...

That makes three!

To quote Kent Dybvig:

( let ([x (call/cc (lambda (k) k))])
(x (lambda (ignore) "hi"))) ==> "hi"

- Steve M.

[ terminal screen disolves into white-noise "snow" ... ]