Re: [Q]Two way pipes for UNIX child processes?

Jaap Vermeulen (jaap@sequent.com)
Mon, 4 Apr 94 22:51:41 GMT

In <rmoreCnJyws.BBq@netcom.com> rmore@netcom.com (Rod Morehead) writes:

>What I am trying to do is run a child process, feed it some input,
>see its resonse, feed it more input etc. This could be used for providing
>a GUI layer for a shell or, in my case, automating testing for
>a CLI.

Just FYI (I saw you already looked at perl):

I wrote a pty interface for python that I used for automatic regression
testing of character based applications. It's in the Extensions
distribution, although it's platform specific and may need work.

You can easily write a record and PB facility on top of the pty layer.

-Jaap-

--
						| Sequent Computer Systems |