Re: problems with timemodule.c builing Python 0.9.9 on IBM AIX

Steven D. Majewski (sdm7g@elvis.med.virginia.edu)
Mon, 6 Sep 1993 03:48:30 -0400

On Sep 4, 15:30, John DeGood wrote:

> I used this successfully on HP-UX 8.07:
>
> ADDCFLAGS= -DOLDTZ -DNOALTTZD

Thanks. I tried that and several other combinations.

> ADDCFLAGS= -DHAVE_STDLIB -DNOALTTZ -DOLDTZ

Worked the best - it only gave one warning on compile that
there was no definition for floatsleep, and it was changing
the declaration (from static) to extern. It later bombed
out on linking when it couldn't find floatsleep.

If I tried defining 'unix' or BSD_TIME, so that one of
the function definitions would be compiled, I got a
pageful of other errors.

Finally, I copied the floatsleep definition from the
"#ifdef unix" block, into a (new) "#ifdef AIX" block,
and compiled with:

>ADDCFLAGS= -DHAVE_STDLIB -DNOALTTZ -DOLDTZ -DAIX

And this seems to work.

-Steve Majewski (804-982-0831) <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>
-Univ. of Virginia Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics