Re: errors building 0.9.4alpha

Guido van Rossum (Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl)
Mon, 06 Jan 92 19:32:32 +0100

Steven Majewski writes:

>In makeing Python 0.9.4 alpha, I get errors on the case statements
^^^^^^^[sic]
>in compile.c :
>
>/*###1200 [cc] xor_expr undefined%%%*/
>/*###1200 [cc] case expression must be an integer constant%%%*/
[and lots similar]

I bet you extracted 0.9.4 in the same location where 0.9.2 was.

0.9.4 was accidentally distributed without "graminit.[ch]" files,
which I generate lcally whenever I change the syntax, but which the
distributed Makefile believes are part of the distribution. (Of
course I use my own version of the Makefile :-)

The cure is to get rid of the graminit.[ch] you have and uncomment the
last two non-blank lines of the Makefile. The next "make" will now
build "pythongen" and run it with "Grammar" as input, producing
correct versions (I sincerely expect and hope).

--Guido van Rossum, CWI, Amsterdam <guido@cwi.nl> Honary Member, Royal
Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things