Re: Why don't stringobjects have methods?

Steven D. Majewski (sdm7g@elvis.med.virginia.edu)
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 12:40:47 -0500

In article <TNB2D.94Mar31112929@banyan.cs.virginia.edu>,
Tommy Burnette <tnb2d@Virginia.Edu> wrote:
>MY FIRST QUESTION: We all voted FOR the comp.lang.python newsgroup,
>no? Then why is all Python traffic still going to the mailing list
>and none to the newsgroup? We certainly can't let ourselves be
>daunted by these idiots who don't know the difference between the
>comp.lang and the alt.fandom groups.

That's right guys! Let's talk it up in the outfield!

>MY REAL QUESTION: Why do stringobjects not have methods?

BECAUSE: Guido has decreed it!

( The GREAT and *POWERFUL* OZ^H^HGuido ! )

[ I may actually have a serious answer to this, later.
Good work, Tommy: If this doesn't arouse some arguments, we can always
try starting a Syntax Argument again. ( Vote for the "frowning Guido"
diglyph! ) ]

Now that we have comp.lang.python, can we start working on starting
alt.fan.guido ? ( Or is that alt.fan.van.rossum ? :-)

- Steve Majewski (804-982-0831) <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>
- UVA Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics