Re: Suit methods in Python

woc8r@opal.cs.virginia.edu
Thu, 31 Mar 94 11:59:24 EST

Charlie Fly writes:
> The functions of interest are those which have pointers as arguments such as
>
> SUIT_getObjectSize( SUIT_object o, int *width, int *height )

The reason that these items are pointers in the C implementation is
because they are the values that are being returned (God only knows
why they didn't return a struct). Because Python is sooo wonderful
(blatant plug), I implemented it such that these elements return a
tuple of these values. For instance, the function you mention above,

SUIT_getObjectSize( SUIT_object o, int *width, int *height )

is called in the SUIT/Python interpreter as

obj.getObjectSize ()

and would return a tuple of

(width, height)

Hope that clears things up!
___ ___
\ \ / / -=Bill Carlson=- | "I wanna decide who
\ \/ / | lives and who dies"
\ / INTERNET: woc8r@Virginia.EDU |
\__/ BITNET: woc8r@VIRGINIA | -Crow T. Robot