Re: Setuid scripts in python

Sjoerd Mullender (Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl)
Fri, 18 Mar 1994 11:02:43 +0100

On Wed, Mar 16 1994 "Adrian Phillips (Tandem User)" wrote:

> Anybody done setuiding using python scripts. Our resident expert tried this b
> ut
> it didn't seem to work. The usual thing about no permission match, even with
> the python executable set with the s bit.

In general, setuid scripts are a BAD IDEA. There are serious security
implications when you use them. The problems can be contained
somewhat by the script interpreter (python in this case), but I don't
believe python does that.

Sjoerd Mullender, CWI, P.O. Box 94079, 1090 GB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E-Mail: Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl; Phone: +31 20 592 4127; Fax: +31 20 592 4199