Re: Python media alert! - Open Systems Today

Eric L. Beser (beser@rtp.com)
Sun, 13 Mar 94 10:49:37 EST

Forwarded message:
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 94 13:14:23 MST
From: lutz@kapre.com (Mark Lutz)
To: friedric@rose.rsoc.rockwell.com
Subject: Re: Python media alert! - Open Systems Today
Cc: python-list@cwi.nl, lutz@kapre.com
Sender: python-list-request@cwi.nl

> I called them this morning and they are sending me their propoganda.
> Has anyone had any experience with this product? We here at NASA-JSC
> are looking for a good interpreted language in which to create GUIs
> for the trajectory engineers here. I've played with python for a couple
> months now and am suitably impressed. I'm really looking for an
> interactive GUI builder which generates python-Motif code. If the above
> product is that product great, otherwise we'll have to write one
> ourselves.

I have had extensive experience with ezX. I highly recommend them.
When I was at Westinghouse, we developed a product interface using
their GUI generator. I found the staff of Sunrise pleasant to work
with and knowledgable.

If they have a new product that uses python. So much the better.

You may send me email for more extensive evaluation.

Regards,

Eric Beser
Allied Signal Technical Services
beser@artewg.rtp.com