Re: collecting attributes - what's wrong ? lambda binding ?

Steven D. Majewski (sdm7g@elvis.med.virginia.edu)
Wed, 23 Feb 1994 13:32:48 -0500

On Feb 23, 13:17, I ("Steven D. Majewski") wrote:

> My guess is that this is some strange interaction of lambda with
> the local binding in the subroutine. ( Lambda expects global
> binding maybe ? )
>
> I have tried several variants of assigning the formal arg to
> another local value first, and even trying to pass 'repr(attrib)'
> instead, with pretty much the same results.
>
> Any comments ?

I haven't figure it *all* out yet, but I know the phrase:
"dynamic, not static, scope"
is probably going to figure prominently in the explaination! ;-)

- Steve Majewski (804-982-0831) <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>
- UVA Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics