Re: Python 1.0 & gnu readline

Steven D. Majewski (sdm7g@elvis.med.virginia.edu)
Thu, 3 Feb 1994 11:20:33 -0500

On Feb 3, 16:50, Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl wrote:

> Did you do a "make clean"? I think you need to at least remove
> Parser/myreadline.o -- that file contains #ifdef code depending on
> whether you use readline or not.
>
> (Forgetting to "make clean" after a configure rerun seems to be the
> most common problem these days. Maybe I should add an automatic "make
> depend" to the toplevel Makefile?)

Thanks - that fixed it!

( Now back to tackling dynamic-loading and X11 support! )

> BTW does anybody else think that it would be a good idea to convert
> readline to use the Python config system? Or should we leave this to
> its author?

It would be nice to have everything config smoothly, but I would rate
smoothing out X11/Xt/Motif extensions and config as a more vital area.

- Steve Majewski (804-982-0831) <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>
- UVA Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics